Town Hall Regular Hours
Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed daily from 12:30 to 1:30.
Vault research by appointment only. Please call 475-2333 to schedule.
Town of Panton
3176 Jersey Street
Panton, VT 05491
Telephone: (802) 475-2333
Fax: (802) 475-2785
Our Town Clerk/Treasurer is Maggie McCormick - email@example.com
Our Assistant Town Clerk/Treasurer is Suzanne Snyder - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Panton is closed in observance of the following holidays:
New Year's Day President's Day Memorial Day
Independence Day Labor Day Columbus Day
Veteran's Day Thanksgiving Day Christmas Day
Services Available at the Town Office
- General assistance with issues concerning Town government: Matters involving action of the Selectboard. Matters involving the buildings and highways of the Town.
- Property Tax Payments: Tax bills are mailed out once a year usually by September 1. Taxpayers may pay the bill in full or in two installments; November 1st and May 1st. Interest charges are assessed for late payment and an additional 8% penalty fee will be added on all unpaid taxes after May 1st.
- Land Records: Deeds, mortgages, liens, etc. are on file in the Town Clerk’s office. Copies may be obtained at $1.00 per page. There is a $15.00 filing fee per page to record documents in the land records.
- Voter Checklist Application: You must be a resident of the Town and at least 18 years of age to become a registered voter. Applications are available at any Town/City Clerks office.
- Dog or wolf-hybrid licenses: State Law requires this license by April 1st each year. A valid rabies certificate is required as well as a spayed/neutered certificate (if applicable). Fees are $11.00 for altered pets and $19.00 for non-altered pets.
- Marriage or Civil Marriage licenses: At least one party must be a resident of the Town or both parties must be from out of State with the ceremony to be performed in Addison County. Blood tests are not required. License fee is $60.00 plus $10.00 if you would like a certified copy. There is no waiting period to use the license.
- Copies of Vital Records: Photocopies or certified copies of birth, death, and marriage records on file are available. Photocopies are $1.00 each and $10.00 each for certified copies. Genealogy searches are welcome and will be performed by the researcher.
- Green Mountain Passports: Green Mountain Passports are available to residents 62 or over or to those who have been declared disabled by the Vermont Veterans Administration. The $2.00 lifetime passport is valid immediately; holders are eligible for free admission to state parks and museums as well as reduced prices by private businesses.
- Notary Public: Witness signatures on official documents.